I dont ever ask you guys for anything.
But this is a time where we need your help.
Call. Email. Reblog.
Due to the recent and sudden popularity of this post, I feel the need to go in depth a bit. This is a shorthand twitter post, so lets expound.
People. We already know that this is not the man they want on the case. Here’s the thing. Governor Jay Nixon and the county refuse to remove him from the case.
He has a historic pro police bias, including letting 2 cops off for shooting 20 rounds into a car with 2 unarmed Black men in it, killing them both. This pro police bias comes from McCulloch’s own father, a former cop, being killed by a black assailant years ago. Both his MOTHER and his BROTHER work in the police department. What’s even scarier, is that THIS MAN IS UP FOR INSTANT REELECTION THIS NOVEMBER, AS HE IS RUNNING UNOPPOSED. This shit is real folks.
This is setting up to be like how Angela Corey purposely fucked up the Trayvon Martin case. Remember how she didnt arrest Zimmerman but could harass Melissa Alexander? So yeah. Let’s do the work and figure out what we can do to get rid of this man… or harass the fuck out of him until we get what we need. Which might not happen, but yeah.
Adding this to my to-do list tomorrow.
Ryo Oyamada, a 24 year old student from Japan, was struck and killed by an NYPD vehicle in a hit & run. Witnesses say the police car had no lights or sirens on and was going over 70 mph. The released footage by NYPD was proven to be heavily altered in a cover-up, showing “lights” on the vehicle, when compared to footage from the NY Housing Authority on the same street with the same timestamp.
On a personal note: I know that this will probably not be shared or reblogged very much, because Asians are not very prominent in American culture. I understand this, because Asians (like me) are partially at fault for being so passive. But I am begging you to please consider signing this petition out of human decency. Ryo was just a student walking home, then struck by a nearly silent police cruiser going at excess speed, and the NYPD covered it up.
Here is the side-by-side comparison of the released video footage, including updates from the case. *Edit* This article contains a link to a graphic video moments after the crash, showing the body of Ryo Oyamada and NY citizens yelling at the police. Please advise, it is highly disturbing.
And the following is an excerpt from the petition, which as of now only has 286 signatures.
On February 21st, 2013, Ryo Oyamada was struck and killed by a police cruiser while crossing the street. NYPD claimed that the cruiser’s lights and sirens were on before the collision, but multiple eyewitnesses stated otherwise, that the lights and sirens were only turned on afterwards, and that the cruiser was speeding in excess of 70 mph down a residential street. None of these eyewitnesses were interviewed for the police report.
The people at Rooster Teeth were excited to animate women.
The men at the animation studios wore heels to get to learn their characters better.
The animators act out their scenes, no matter the gender, to learn more about how to draw their characters.
If that doesn’t fill you with love for RWBY’s animators. I don’t know what will.
welp, I was gonna color this but I’m bored of it now. And really the only point was to draw them with big wide open kitty mouths so mission accomplished.
MEWTWO HAS PUFFY KITTY BEAN PADS OH MY GOD I’M GOING TO PASS OUT
NO PHOTOSET HAS MADE ME HAPPIER.
MY FAVORITE PHOTOSET IS BACK
I WILL NEVER NOT LOVE THIS PHOTOSET
Darren Wilson supporters are the literal worst.
The young lady that was shot in the head by a police officer is still waiting to be interviewed by the police department
(they’ve edited the articles to take out the white part and that she was killed hehehe)
Residents knew it was BS.
Turns out Mya was shot by a police officer. The department forced surgeons to take the bullet out and took the bullet for “Ballistics”
Over a week later, she still has yet to be contacted by the department
Do not let her story go ignored
this was too cool not to reblog
Gaza August 19,2014.
"Extended cease-fire ends. Airstrikes resume. More than 30 Palestinians injured and 2 killed in Gaza."
Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- 2,019 Palestinians killed [80% civilians] , including 542 children and 251 women from Israeli bombardment
- 64 Israeli Soldiers killed in combat and 3 civilians
- 10,223 Palestinians wounded, including 3,486 children and 1,970 women
- UNRWA has exhausted its capacity to absorb displaced persons, and overcrowding in shelters risks the outbreak of epidemics.
- 122 Palestinian families have lost 3 or more members of their family.
- UNICEF estimates about 373,000 Palestinian children have had some kind of direct traumatic experience and require immediate psycho-social support.
- 1.5 million people in Gaza have limited or no access to water supplies. 26 health facilities have been damaged.
- More than 485,000 internally displaced are in need of emergency food assistance.
- Shelling and bombing have damaged 142 schools — 89 of them run by the United Nations — , and multiple Israeli strikes on Gaza’s only power plant and other infrastructure have left it beyond repair.The cost of reconstruction will run to “hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars,” - Pernille Ironside, the head of the Unicef office in Gaza