I was sitting on sea ice when I heard a little peep over my shoulder.
There was a split second there where his like, “wait, what? bro what are you doing?”
On more serious note, PTSD dogs for veterans are so fucking therapeutic. They’re like the one person you can spill your guts to and never worry about ever being judged or have that secret divulged. There are times when I definitely prefer the company of a dog over a human.
Therapy animals save lives.
These dogs are even still so much more amazing. They check rooms before their handler enters, so they can clear it to help the person feel safe. Like in the gif, they are there when panic attacks or nightmares occur, to be something for the person to help ground themselves on, or yes just to turn on the lights. Even more amazing, many people are able to reduce their medication when they have a PTSD service dog there to help them. These dogs are useful for not just veterans, but also victims of abuse, accident trauma, natural disasters, and others. Their training allows them to be useful in situations where medical assistance is needed, as well. Some PTSD dogs are trained to recognize repetitive behaviours in handlers, and signal the handler to break the repetition and stopping the behaviour and possibly injury.
Service dogs in general are just awesome. Remember to respect any that you see out in public. They are not there for you to walk up to and play with, even the puppies!
A compilation of some of my favourite text posts
Presenting : White people damaging their hair by forcing it to do something it’s not meant to in an effort to seem earthy.
this shit is nasty
Omg! That last one is kinda fresh! I call it the Meatloaf
Seriously white people? Give it the fuck up. You don’t have the hair texture for that. Accept it.
Somebody told me that if I deleted this post I’d stop getting notes on it (it was blowing up my phone) and that *kinda* worked. I would like to take a moment and point out that I had a shit ton of people hounding my inbox and the comments saying they had dreads that look like this and they weren’t gross or that if they don’t shower this is what their hair does naturally
- The dreads in this picture are hella nasty. One is full of mold. That’s the point. These are NOT what dreads are supposed to look like.
- Hair that isn’t afro textured never ever looks like real dreads (i.e. they don’t look the same at all) If you had to backcomb, they probably aren’t real dreads.
- You are exploiting your white privilege if you can still go to school and work with your dreads in, because black people consistently have their natural hair deemed ‘unprofessional’ and used as a means to prevent them from getting hired and to fire them from jobs and have them expelled from school.
- They won’t do their own research. No, the Celts did not have dreads, no dreadlocks are not found everywhere
- White people calling themselves Rastafarian. Are you kidding. ‘Rasta’ and ‘Rastafarian’ are not terms meaning ‘Bob Marley Fan Club’ or ‘I like weed’. Rastafarians are AGAINST white supremacy.
- BUT BLACK PEOPLE STRAIGHTEN THEIR HAIR/ WEAR WHITE HAIR. One, black people don’t wear ‘white hair’. I’m not lying to you, walk into a hair story.You will find Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian but never European hair because it’s not as great as you think it is. Two, the fact that people with kinky hair straighten it with relaxer or flat irons ect is because black people are taught that their natural hair is ‘not good hair’ and because their natural hair is sometimes deemed as unprofessional. Do you like movies? Chris Rock made one about it called ‘Good hair’. Also, this.
- Your Dreadlocks are cultural appropriation. They also look nasty.
if someone calls you a slut, break their fucking neck without even hesitating or saying a single word and as they lay there on the ground dead, lean down close to their corpse and whisper
“slut means the end in swedish”
This should probably not be construed as valid legal advice.
OH GOD NOT AGAIN
Submitted by scowlofjustice.
[#435. Bisexuals have bicycles, monosexuals have unicycles, Asexuals hover. They don’t need hover boards. They just hover.]
I just canceled posing a reply to a redditor I corrected that called Ashiok a ‘he’. As much as I want to, I can’t get into it with them. They’re wrong and I just have to deal with it.
Odd, I’m kind of disappointed. And a bit proud of myself for not engaging though, I guess.
a character could be described in the vaguest of terms and everyone defaults to skinny pale guy
a character could be described as dark skinned with eyes as dark as the abyss and everyone will STILL default to a skinny pale guy
a character could explicitly be described as a 7 foot tall cross between a panther, a woolly mammoth and a giraffe and i guarantee there will still be the humanverse default of a skinny pale guy
you just can’t fucking win, can you